Each of our products iare created using the highest quality oils, butters and other ingredients that are responsibly sourced and produced. We strive to limit the number of processed components (emulsifying wax, preservatives and some scents) used and use only skin and body safe ingredients when we do. We are always looking for new skin loving ingredients for our product line. Here is a little information about the most common ingredients in our product lines.
- Shea Butter – Solid at room temperature and melts quickly on contact with skin. This butter is known for its wonderful skin conditioning and softening feeling.
- Mango Butter – Solid at room temperature and melts quickly on contact with skin. This creamy and soft butter is extremely moisturizing.
- Cocoa Butter – The classic skin butter. Hard at room temperature and slower to melt upon contact with the skin. Known as a great moisturizer that provides a coating layer to hold in moisture and soften skin with a silky feel.
- Kokum Butter - A wonderful moisturizing butter. It is non greasy and extremly rich in texture. A high quality luxury butter.
- Almond Oil – Very light oil that absorbs well on the skin and leaves a smooth non greasy feel.
- Avocado Oil – Somewhat thick oil that is full of good for the skin components. Slightly heavy upon application but absorbs very well providing a luxurious feel.
- Castor Oil – A humectant (draws moisture toward it) oil that helps maintain moisture when used.
- Coconut Oil – Base oil for great soap. Creates a wonderful cleansing soap with lots of bubble.
- Grape Seed Oil – A light weight and moisturizing oil rich in vitamins and minerals that is absorbed easily by the skin.
- Hemp Oil - A light green oil that does not contain THC. Hemp is well know for it's skin loving properties. Adds a touch of luxury to lotions and soap
- Jojoba Oil – Not a true oil. Jojoba is a wax that is very close to the sebum produced by the skin. Excellent luxury moisturizer.
- Olive Oil – Classic soap making staple. Good moisturizer and contributes to a great feeling bar of soap.
- Palm Oil – Helps create a hard soap with rich creamy latter. We use only sustainably sourced palm oil in our soaps.
- Rice Bran Oil – Similar to Olive Oil in properties. Good moisturizer, nice absorption, and high in antioxidant components.
- Candelilla Wax – Plant based wax used in our lip balms to provide hardness and stability to balm. Emollient properties also help moisturize and soften feeling of the lips. We use this wonderful wax instead of bees wax
- Hand Crafted Oat Milk – Carefully blended water and oats that result in a thick and creamy milk with all the goodness of the oats. Made fresh for each batch of lotion.
- Ground Oats – Old fashioned goodness. Soothing and smooth feeling on the skin. When used in large particle form it is a mild exfoliant. When used in powdered form, it creates a smooth and silky feel in products.
- Preservative – Essential for product safety. We used a selection of high quality skin safe preservatives in our non-soap products. Usage rates are just enough to ensure your products remain fresh and usable for as long as is possible. Unlike many commercially preserved products, our products have an average shelf life of 6-9 months.
- Exfoliants - Ground Walnut, Ground Coconut Shell, Pumice, Sugar, Salt and Clays all serve as gentle natural exfoliants to gently rub away dry skin and dirt from the skin, leaving it feeling smooth and fresh after each use.
- High Quality Essential Oils – We use a wide selection of high quality essential oils to create unique natural scents for our products.
- Phthalate and Paraben Free Fragrance Oils – Some scents simply cannot be created with essential oils. When this is the case, we use high quality phthalate and paraben free fragrance oils that have been tested and proven safe for skin use.
- Colors – When color is needed (and sometimes it is) we strive to use natural herbs, clays, and pigments. When those are not the solution, we select high quality mica powders to achieve the lovely colors in our soap products. All lotions, scrubs and butter will only be colored (if at all) with natural colors.